The VR-21 standard piezoelectric driven vibration point level switch possesses a unique single-rod probe design with a sword-shaped blade, in order to prevent bridging of material. It does this by enabling material to easily flow by protecting against buildup on the blade.
Ideal for multiple dry and bulk powder materials, and suitable for both side and top mount applications, the VR-21 has optional hazardous location approvals to CSA standards for Class II, Division I, Groups E, F and G in the US and Canada.
It possesses three sensitivity adjustments: medium and low for materials that may tend to cling to the vibrating rod or heavier materials, and high for light and fluffy materials.
- Detects materials with low dielectric constants and extremely light, fluffy materials
- Can be used for low and high level indication, or plugged chute detection
- Carbon black, fly ash, plastics, feed, food, chemicals, seed, grain and other materials
- Materials densities from 1.25 lb./cu. ft.
- Switch selectable high/low fail-safe
- Unique ‘blade’ probe design reduces false alarms as a result of buildup
- Three sensitivity adjustments
- Self-cleaning sensor
- No calibration needed
- Maintenance and wear free
- No moving parts
- Remote electronics available
- Universal power supply
- Process Temp: To 176 °F standard (80 °C); to 284 °F high temp (140 °C)
- Approvals: CSA hazardous location approvals for Class II, Groups E, F & G (optional)
- Power Requirements: Wide range 20-250V AC/DC
- Time Delay: 1 second from stop of vibration, 2 to 5 seconds for start of vibration
- Probe: 304 stainless steel, 7.37 ” insertion length
- Mounting: 1-½ ” NPT
- Ambient Temp: -4 °F to +140 °F (-20 °C to +60 °C)
- Pressure: 145 psi
- Enclosure: Die cast aluminum, NEMA 4, 5 & 12
- Relay: DPDT
- Material Densities: From 1.25 lb./cu. ft.
Video Credit: BinMaster