Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced that its iCE40 UltraLite™ device – the world’s smallest and lowest power programmable FPGA solution for consumer mobile applications – has been named “Digital Semiconductor Product of the Year” as part of the Elektra European Electronics Industry Awards 2015. This is the second Elektra Semiconductor Product of the Year Award for Lattice, with the previous award also honoring one of the company’s consumer FPGA products.
The Elektra awards are held annually and recognize European electronics design excellence. The independent panel of Elektra judges acknowledged the iCE40 UltraLite FPGA for its combination of exceptionally low power consumption, extremely small 1.4 mm x 1.4 mm footprint and high level of integration, which enables manufacturers to easily add multiple capabilities and features to their mobile devices, including:
- The ability to function as a TV remote control with its IR control and learning mode capability
- RGB LED control to simulate multi-color breathing effects for notification
- White LED control to enable a flashlight function on smartphones
- Motion gesture capability that reduces the need to use the touch screen to awaken devices and launch applications
- A high accuracy pedometer that requires very little power
- Maximized battery life as it eliminates the need for less efficient microcontrollers and can minimize the use of devices’ power-hungry application processors
Michael Buckley, European channel sales manager at Lattice Semiconductor, who accepted the award at the annual awards gala dinner, commented, “We are honored to receive this prestigious award and want to thank the readers of Electronics Weekly. Our iCE40 UltraLite FPGA exemplifies Lattice’s commitment to the consumer market by delivering a feature-rich solution that meets the low power, increasingly small form factor and low cost requirements of mobile OEMs. With the iCE40 UltraLite, mobile device manufacturers can offer differentiating features to continually enhance their next-generation smartphones, wearables and other handheld products.”
Please visit http://www.latticesemi.com/en/Products/FPGAandCPLD/iCE40Ultra.aspx for more information about the iCE40 UltraLite device.
A complete list of the 2015 winners is available at http://www.elektraawards.co.uk/.