PrecyseTech, a leading pioneer of wireless Remote Entity Awareness and Control (REAC) solutions for managing high-value physical assets and personnel, announced today their new Bluetooth® Platform.
The PrecyseTech Platform wirelessly connects third party Bluetooth devices such as sensors, detectors, monitors or control panels and integrates them with PrecyseTech’s Badge Agents™ and Badge xAgents™ and their iAT client software to provide a fully integrated solution offering real-time, remote monitoring and communicating with assets and personnel.
“Our new platform extends IoT to devices not previously connected and provides companies impressive benefits including the ability to locate, monitor, communicate with, and otherwise manage, assets in ways previously unavailable. The new platform allows us to connect with thousands of Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as gas detectors, humidity sensors, pressure sensors, or weight and temperature monitors. For example, dangerous gases exist in many of the industries we serve including oil and gas, petrochemical, and mining. We can leverage our REAC oil and gas, petrochemical, and mining expertise, pair our Badge xAgents with a Bluetooth-enabled gas detector and then create a powerful solution that provides clients with the business intelligence needed to monitor, manage and react in real-time to emergency events” said Babak Aghevli, vice president of global professional services with PrecyseTech. “As we continue to create new solutions for the marketplace leveraging our patented technologies which combine assisted GPS (A-GPS) and active RFID, the addition of Bluetooth to our Smart Agents is a logical advancement.”
PrecyseTech’s Badge Agent and Badge xAgent will be the first products in the Smart Agent product line to integrate with Bluetooth. The PrecyseTech Bluetooth Platform is able to wirelessly pair, monitor, and control one or more Bluetooth-enabled sensors simultaneously. In addition, the Smart Agents still provide other real-time information such as reporting personal location, man-down fall detection, monitoring motion status and text messaging.
Safety and Security in the Most Hazardous Conditions
Pairing the PrecyseTech Badge xAgent with gas detectors delivers tremendous value. The resulting solution provides clients increased, immediate, and unprecedented visibility to hazardous gas conditions for control room operators, supervisors, and safety personnel. Key benefits of the complete solution include:
- Real-time alerts - Alarms presented real-time, per worker, per location and per device, to control room operators and safety personnel whenever a critical event occurs (e.g. gas measurement exceeds thresholds, low-battery notification, etc.).
- Enhanced muster event and emergency situational awareness – PrecyseTech’s industry leading Remote Entity Awareness and Control solution provides real-time worker location and gas detection measurements whenever an emergency occurs or drill is conducted.
- Full-range bi-directional communication – Control room operators and safety personnel can send text notifications and receive user responses to quickly and remotely communicate with workers to provide special instructions or assess their health and safety.
- Increased safety through maintenance compliance – Identify and locate at-risk workers who are using devices which do not comply with maintenance and calibration requirements.
- Gas measurements logged 24x7 by worker, location, work group (e.g. electrical contractors), work zone, and site-wide.
- Certified intrinsically safe for the most demanding of hazardous areas.